MENU...Order's Up!

And How!

Wednesday, March 22

A Tough Time Turned Out Great

It's been tough for me to keep posting on my blog. I thought, when I relaunched it, that I was in a good place. For the most part, I am in a good place but there are certain things in my life that take me for a tailspin from time-to-time.

Small incidents will happen and it knocks me over and I have a hard time recovering. I just went through that and it sucks. Let's just be honest, right. I geared my blog toward my mental health issues and I'm struggling at the moment.

I was assigned to read a self-help book for one of my classes last month. I chose "Fail Fast, Fail Often: How Losing Can Help You Win". I think that reading that book through the most recent rough patch helped me get out of a crappy mood much quicker than I would've on my own.
Fail Fast, Fail Often: How Losing Can Help You Win
When I hit a low in my mood I tend to think negatively about myself. I tend to be hard on myself, even calling myself names. (How juvenile, right?) But this book got me thinking that I need to get up and do something.

I had to stop feeling sorry for myself and just do something, anything! So that's what I did! I got up off the couch and pushed the self-loathing aside.

I went for a drive with my family and had the chance to take some amazing photos of my kiddos. It was a bit rocky at first. Chirp (my middle child) did not want to walk down a rocky hill. He told me it wasn;t safe and I couldn't blame him for thinking that.

But once we got past the rocky part of the journey the kids had fun. They were able to let lose and I snapped some great shots of their excitement. I'm so glad I stopped thinking and started doing!

Here are some photos I got from our little outing:


Photo of Jetty Collage Kids
My three kiddos (left to right) Ribbit, Poppy, and Chirp




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Please, tell me what you thought!